Policies & Procedures
Welcome to the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center, otherwise known as the Center. To assure your event is well organized and successful, please read and observe the terms and conditions.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Center Guidelines and Regulations
- No open flames (e.g. candles, open burners, etc.) are permitted inside the Center.
- Outside alcohol is prohibited. The Center holds a state license to purchase and serve alcohol.
- The Center has an in-house caterer. However, you may choose from any Georgia Tech-approved caterers for food and beverage service (excluding continuous food breaks and alcohol). Download a list of approved caterers.
- With the exception of service animals, animals are prohibited in the Center. Service animals must be registered with the Center or GTPE.
- Event-related banners may be hung with approval from the Center staff. Approved banners must be received by the Center at least three (3) business days before the event.
- There is a $350 hourly charge for early morning (before 7 a.m.) and after hours (after 6 p.m.) access. This charge will be added to your final bill.
- The Center cannot accommodate storage of large quantities of event materials. Event materials should arrive no sooner than one (1) business day before the start of your event. All deliveries are subject to approval. The Center reserves the right to refuse any delivery.
- Posters and signs are to be mounted on easels. They may not be affixed in any way to walls or surfaces. Tape and adhesive-backed materials are not allowed on any wall surface, glass, equipment or flooring.
- All exit doors, hallways, and aisles must be kept clear and unobstructed. All exhibitor tables and trade shows shall be set up as indicated on the pre-approved floor plan. All exhibitors are responsible for the correction of any fire code violations found by the Georgia Tech Global Learning Center staff. Violations are required to be corrected and failure to comply will result in a fine assessed on the final invoice. Directional and exit signs must be visible from all areas. Fire protection and emergency equipment must be accessible. Fire extinguishers, pull stations, and emergency strobe lights may not be hidden or obstructed.
- The Center does not allow the use of glitter or confetti. A cleaning fee will be added to the final bill if these items are used.
- The Center is a non-smoking facility. The designated smoking area is in the open-air area on the second floor of the parking deck. Signs are posted.
- The client is responsible for any damage caused by their attendees or contracted vendors/exhibitors.
- Room set-up change requests submitted with less than 24 hours notice will be accommodated if possible. An additional fee will be assessed for this service.
- Music or performances are subject to approval based on building occupancy and noise level.
- All equipment deliveries must follow the following guidelines:
a. Standard loading dock with doc levelers available. (We do not have pallet jacks or other heavy-duty material to handle equipment.)
b. Inside delivery must be specified on delivery documents (or your personnel must handle delivery).
c. There is a maximum weight limit of 3,500 lbs on the service elevator.
d. All deliveries can be no larger than the following dimensions: 4 feet wide by 7 feet tall on service elevator doors.
e. The maximum corridor door clearance is 39 inches on floors 1 and 2.
f. It is the customer’s responsibility to make sure that their product does not damage the floor when it is moved in or out of the facility. Fees (if applicable) will be applied to the final bill.
g. If your equipment is near the maximum dimensions, please call your Event Manager to discuss exact dimensions.